Friday, May 01, 2015

Door

Jesus says: Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he will eat with me.
We say that every new day is a door of opportunities. I can choose to let the door be closed, I can choose to stay where I am or I can choose to go out of the door. But I can also make the better choice and let Jesus in. He wants to have fellowship with me, he wants to eat with me. 
I am not very good at answering Jesus' knock on my door and hear His voice. My day easily becomes centered around myself and my routines. 
Jesus keep on calling on me. I do want to listen do you, and eat the bread of life which is you, and drink the living water from the fountain which never runs dry.

4 comments:

love given away said...

Great words and so simple, really. I pray to also hear Jesus knocking on my door and that I would let him in.

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me to listen. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Drusilla Barron
http://lovedasif.com

Amy said...

What a great reminder to listen for His knocking. It is so easy to be distracted.

Unknown said...

It's so important to take time to be with Him, to listen and to learn how to keep our minds open in the ways He knows they should be open. Thank you for your post: loved it. {A FMF friend}

Break the Vicious Cycle

  Break the Vicious Cycle: Understand the Impact of Fatherhood [i] on Personal Behavior I. Introduction A. The paradox: striving not to...